Companies are temporarily closing brick and mortar offices and having employees work from home in efforts to slow the transmission of COVID-19. This raises new issues around productivity, communications, and processes. The benefits of online training are highlighted with a new twist during these self-imposed home quarantines. Training doesn’t have to come to a halt with employees being dispersed.
If you’ve partnered with a company like ej4 and you have subscribed to an off-the-shelf library of training videos, you have a variety of topics that have suddenly become relevant. You can easily assign these courses to your employees to help them make the most out of their work time during the quarantine.
- Working remotely. We offer courses for both employees and managers to address their separate needs when working from home. Employees may need tips on how to create an ergonomic workspace and manage interruptions from home. Managers may need guidance on managing people offsite.
- Communicating. This course has helpful information for both employees and managers on various tools available to communicate with remote team members like how to write more effective emails and how to maintain social relationships in a virtual environment.
- Time management. Employees will be dealing with different distractions like laundry, dogs, and TV. If schools are closed, add kids to the list of distractions. Our time management topic covers time blocking, the Pomodoro Technique, procrastination, and more.
Health and Wellness Topics
The purpose of the home quarantine is to slow or stop the spread of the virus. While employees are working from home is the perfect time to review online training courses on related health and wellness topics.
- Coronavirus precautions: ej4 offers courses on COVID-19, coronavirus precautions, and pandemic planning designed to help you and your employees understand the virus and take proper precautions.
- How to beat insomnia: The more I read news reports about the coronavirus crisis, the more I worry and the more I can’t sleep. This is going to negatively impact my health which is the opposite of what the quarantine is intended to do! Personally, I have rewatched this course and our series on the science of sleep.
- Stress management: Being required to work from home due to a corporate quarantine can be stressful. Am I still in the incubation period? Am I infecting my family? Our series on stress management helps employees understand, manage, and handle stress.
Catch Up on Training
Two weeks of working at home during a quarantine may be the perfect time to catch up on previously assigned online training courses. This might include the annual requirements for compliance and anti-harassment training.
Cybersecurity training is a topic that sounds boring to employees but it is in one of our top ten topics to be assigned. And by the way, our course on the types of malware is one of our most creatively designed courses. It features cartoon villains to illustrate the types of malware like bots, ransomware, and adware.
If an instructor-led course is canceled due to a quarantine, the instructor could quickly use an eLearning authoring tool, like the one that is included with Thinkzoom, to record a course and make it available to the registrants. Our tool allows the instructor to be seen using the webcam, click through their slides, record, and edit. Students can watch the video on their own at home and a shorter instructor-led session could be rescheduled for group discussion once everyone returns to work.
Training on Coronavirus Precautions and Pandemic Planning
In response to the WHO classifying COVID-19 as a pandemic, ej4 is offering training on these topics for free in SCORM and AICC formats for you to download to your own LMS. Preview the courses here.
- Coronavirus Precautions for Employees
- Expanding the Reach of Your Classroom with Video
- Empower Your Employees with Crisis Management Training
- View our coronavirus and pandemic planning training topics